Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor). While the manuscript is undergoing the peer review phase, the authors will not submit the manuscript to another journal without notifying the editor.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice or Microsoft Word document file format.
- We fight plagiarism: please understand that your article will be checked with available tools for discovering plagiarism.
- The text is single-spaced with one-inch margins. Each page must be divided in two columns. Headings must be used to designate the major divisions of the paper. To facilitate the review process, manuscripts should contain page and line numbering. The text uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed at the end. If tables are used, they should be double spaced on separate pages. They should be numbered and cited in the text of the article. If abbreviations are used in the text, authors are required to write full name+abbreviation in brackets [e.g. Multiple Myeloma (MM)] the first time they are used, then only abbreviations can be written (apart from titles; in this case authors have to write always the full name).
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Please read this advice and download associated files. The International Committee of Medical Journal Editors has recently published in all ICMJE journals an editorial introducing a new “Disclosure Form for Potential Conflict of Interest”, with the aim to establish uniform reporting system, which can go over the existing differences in current formats or editors’ requests. We at PAGEPress Publications welcome this initiative as a possible uniforming, standardizing way to have this important disclosure authorizing the publications of manuscripts. We are therefore asking you to duly fill in the “Uniform Format for Disclosure of Competing Interests in ICMJE Journals” and upload it on the Web site of the PAGEPress journal your work is involved with or email it back to us, in mind to allow PAGEPress to peer-reviewing your work. The document is in Adobe format, it includes instructions to help authors provide the requested information and the completion procedure is user-friendly. Kindly note that the format have to be completed and signed by each author of the work. We remain waiting for the completed form to proceed with publication. Please be informed that if this Disclosure Form is missing, we will not be able to publish your work.
- Authors are invited to include in the "Comments for the Editors" field up to 5 preferred reviewers and 5 unpreferred reviewers (names and e-mail addresses, plus reasons of their choice).
By submitting their paper to the European Journal of Translational Myology, Authors:
Understand and confirm that the Article Processing Charge for publication in this Journal is EUR 350,00 (plus VAT 4%, if applicable). Please be informed that payments carry an administrative charge of EUR 30 (tax included).
Agree to pay the amount due whether their manuscript will be accepted for publication. Further details are available here
PAGEPress has chosen to apply the Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0) to all manuscripts to be published.
An Open Access Publication is one that meets the following two conditions:
- the author(s) and copyright holder(s) grant(s) to all users a free, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual right of access to, and a license to copy, use, distribute, transmit and display the work publicly and to make and distribute derivative works, in any digital medium for any responsible purpose, subject to proper attribution of authorship, as well as the right to make small numbers of printed copies for their personal use.
- a complete version of the work and all supplemental materials, including a copy of the permission as stated above, in a suitable standard electronic format is deposited immediately upon initial publication in at least one online repository that is supported by an academic institution, scholarly society, government agency, or other well-established organization that seeks to enable open access, unrestricted distribution, interoperability, and long-term archiving.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.